Thursday, October 13, 2011

Stuffed Mushrooms

Had some Baby Bella mushrooms in the fridge and decided to whip these up real quick.



I'm ashamed to admit I've never made stuffed mushies before. I've always wanted to, but just never got around to doing it until today. I perused some recipes online and after a while I decided to try my own.

I removed the stems and diced them very fine along with a few cloves of garlic. I melted about 3 Tbs of butter in a skillet, cooking the mushroom/garlic mix for about 8-10 minutes on low/medium. The I stirred in some chili paste, breadcrumbs, salt & pepper at about the 8 minute mark. I let that sit for a few minutes to cool and then added some feta and mozzarella cheese.

Stuffed the caps on a baking sheet and baked at 350° for about 25-30 minutes.

I think I may have used a bit too much chili paste, but I definitely enjoyed them.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment